Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I dream of quilting

I'm one of those people that agonizes over their day when they try to go to sleep. I pick apart what went wrong and try to run through what I need to do the next day. I have a hard time getting my brain to shut down. Typically I read a familiar book and try and drift off to sleep. The other night I found myself unable to sleep and I tried all my usual meditation tricks and relaxation techniques, but I just couldn't fall asleep. Then, I started to think about this quilts I've been wanting to finish (from the Glam Garden Gala contest) and how I would quilt it. Would I do some straight line quilting? or this organic straight line quilting I've been reading about? I found myself peaceful and drifting off to sleep.  If that doesn't tell you where my "happy place" is and how I need this to balance my life I don't know what does.  All I know is that this weekend, a quilt will be quilted.

No comments:

Post a Comment