Friday, August 27, 2010

Water ATCs

My latest ATC swap is actually due TODAY! So I am a little late in getting them in the mail. We are at the end of our "Elements" themed swap. We have covered (you guessed it) Earth, Wind, and Fire. I hope to make a special display for just these Elements. I myself tend to enjoy the more abstract interpretations. 

These water ATCs are a series of layers. I made a wonky patchwork background of blues. Then I added strips of organza and mesh in white to illustrate the whitecaps of the ocean. (There are some Teal Angelina Fibers thrown in to - because really what is an art quilt project without Angelina Fibers :) I tried to quilt with motions to indicate creating waves, but I'm not sure it translated well.  I decided to add some bead embellishing to give it a bite more sparkle and dimension.

No comments:

Post a Comment