Saturday, April 16, 2011

Quilt Bee Swap Blocks

My quilt bee is having their first quilt block swap. I've been apart of a few swaps in the past, and being the first "Swap Mama" is a bit stressful. I knew that some of the girls in my group were relatively new quilters, and I didn't want to ask them to do something intimidating. Since I was having such a hard time deciding, I thought I would actually give my group some options to vote on.

-Freeform house block. I give you a background fabric with 2 other fabrics to incorporate, you add your own fabrics. Inspiration at:
Via Lollyquiltz

-Mosaic block - I provide the majority of the fabrics, you can incorporate a few of your own

Via Oh Frannson


-Star block - I provide the majority of the fabrics, you can incorporate a few of your own

 
Via mpfox223

I really like the idea of having people add from their stash when we have quilt block swaps. The group decided on the Mod Mosaic quilt block and I decided on a purple theme. We decided on using the Oh Frannson technique and she has a great tutorial. I'll post the fabric and examples soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment