Sunday, November 28, 2010

Halloween Costumes

One of the fondest memories I have about Halloween as a child is working with my mother on making my costume. We would keep all of them and use my old costumes for dress-up throughout the year. Since my son was born I have been wanting to keep with this tradition and for the past two years I have been able to actually do it. Last year my son was Nemo from Finding Nemo. I'm not the best with clothing, so I used an orange sweatshirt as a base and felt for the embellishments.  Have you ever worked with felt before???  After all my years with cotton and quilting it was a dream to work with felt, it was so easy to work with.  I was really happy with my result, and so was Evan - he slept in it for a couple nights :) This year I submitted it to Ohdeeho as part of their Halloween roundup, and was listed on their site! I didn't really take pictures of my process, so for this year, Evan was Buzz Lightyear, I have a tutorial I will be posting about next!

No comments:

Post a Comment